Sunday, December 6, 2009

What are the odds?

Honestly, what are the odds of having two very active kids in a row as your first two kids? If you know Marcus, you know he's very active. The kid can literally climb anything he sets his mind to and never stops moving. Even if he's into a movie or a tv show or something he's constantly changing positions on the couch. The only time he just sits and chills is when he's tired and that rarely happens now days.

When Jamesen was in utero, he kicked ten times more often than Marcus. I saw that as a sign but tried to ignore it seeing as how I desperately wanted the opposite to be true. When Jamesen started sitting right on cue with how Marcus did I saw it as a sign but chose to ignore it then too.

I can not ignore it any longer. Jamesen has been doing push ups for about a month now, about 2 months earlier than Marcus started. He's starting to get up on his hands and knees. Again, 2ish month earlier than Marcus. Today he fell over and wasn't quite laying all the way down as the pack n play wall caught him. He pulled himself back up into a sitting position for being almost in a laying down position. I don't remember when Marcus started being able to get himself into a sitting position on his own but I KNOW it wasn't this early.

I'm trying really hard not to be scared at this point. Marcus is a HUGE handful. I'm constantly pulling dangerous stuff away from him, pulling him down from things he's climbed on, etc. How am I going to do it with two? What if I'm so busy paying attention to one that I don't realize the other is doing something and they get seriously injured?

Sabe and his brothers were constantly getting injured growing up for that reason right there. To be honest, I'm really unhappy about Jamesen moving so fast. At this point, I would rather have a kid that doesn't sit until they're 9 months, walk until they're 18 mo, etc. If I go by the 2ish month ahead of Marcus pattern, Jamesen will be walking by 8 and a half months. All I can do is pray that he's strong, but calm [unlike Marcus who is very NOT calm, lol].

1 comment:

  1. I'm just thinking that your children are freakishly smart! They are both so far ahead of the curve! Good luck with all that activity!

    ReplyDelete