If you can believe, I've had someone say [when Jamesen was completely, totally and blissfully passed out in it], "Wow that looks so uncomfortable. I would hate to be in that thing if I were him." I was just like "Yeah he obviously totally hates it."
Then I had one lady come up and tell me that "those things" are dangerous and looked at me like I had three heads when I didn't take him out and walked away.
Then I had another lady who was behind me in a line say "He's not gonna fall out of that thing is he?" to which I snorted, said no and turned around and she goes "are you sure?" "Yes I put my child into something that I know he'll fall out of and then go in public and walk around so he can fall out in front of a million people". and she said "I guess not." Yeah, no duh.
But today, today takes the cake! I was wearing him while walking to a park. I was walking down a [not very busy] street and this lady slowed down so she was driving at my pace and told me this story about how her friend use to wear her baby in one of those things and how her baby fell out on the concrete and was in the hospital because of head trauma and when I didn't take him out she proceeded to tell me what a horrible mother I was for endangering my child and that she was going to call the MP's on me and get my kids taken from me since I'm so obviously an unfit mother!
So yes, obviously I'm an unfit mother. If wearing your child means you're an unfit mother then nobody is a fit parent. Wearing my child is safer than driving with them in a car!



Just getting caught up on your blog after a hiatus, and this post makes me want to scream and laugh and tear my hair out. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?!?!
ReplyDelete