Friday, December 4, 2009

*sigh*

Marcus is giving up his naps and it's depressing me. He's not quite at the point where he can go a whole day without napping even though he thinks he can, so he gets super cranky and irritable and cries at you looking at him wrong by the end of the day. It's really quite tiring. It's ok for now since Sabe is home, but come January when Sabe picks up a new cycle, I won't be too happy with that.

He's being really trying lately because of it. As I've stated before, when he doesn't sleep, he doesn't sleep. So this whole not napping thing is taking a toll on his overnight sleeping making him irritable to begin with. Dealing with a cranky toddler who keeps waking up the baby and making him tired and irritable isn't a fun situation. I have to keep reminding myself that yes, Marcus is extremely irritating right now and I wish this stage would hurry and he'd grow up faster so I can move past this, but once he DOES grow up I'm going to look back and wish he hadn't grown so fast. Instead of looking at the irritating things Marcus does, I've been trying to look at the cute things he's doing at this age and cherishing it. It's been making my patience level higher and it drains less now.

Though, my house is trashed. I've seriously gotten to the point where I think to myself "Sit and relax or... spend the next half hour to an hour cleaning up all of his toys only to have him trash it in MAX ten minutes when he wakes up. ... Sit and relax it is!"

I started a new photography blog if you guys wanna follow my journey to professional photographer on there. It's http://adriennelabarephotography.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. That's how I feel about cleaning up too. lol

    Patrick's phasing out his morning nap, which makes him extra cranky around lunch time, but that means he goes down easier when Erin goes day. I'm going to be sad whens he stops sleeping in the afternoon. She was beginning to act like she was thinking about it, but then she got this cold and is sleeping more.

    I'd offer to infect him, but that would probably make him crankier and he still wouldn't sleep.

    (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry about the cranky little boy; I hope he does better soon.

    ReplyDelete