I can't even tell you how glad I am to not have that thing anymore... It started the size of a large zit on Thursday and didn't really change much between then and Friday. On Friday however, the dark ring around the head got bigger and the lighter red around the entire thing grew three times in size. I went to the ER on Saturday after Sabe got off work and they sent me home with some antibiotics.
On Monday I was going to go back in because instead of radiating out in a circle, the redness has started to travel downwards like it was going to my heart and it was starting to really hurt to use my arm. however, Jamesen and Marcus were having a hard time sleeping so I ended up waiting until yesterday to go in.
There were quite a few open wounds, broken bones, high fevers in children and active duty ahead of me so I waited for quite a while before getting in there. They took me back and the doctor told the other guy [I'm not sure what he was.. a nurse? I dunno] to lance it.
I'm afraid of needles. I didn't use to be this bad [hyperventilate and shake right before], but since I got pregnant with Marcus it really heightened that fear. The guy called his coworker in to hold my hand and distract me while he numbed the abscess. Let me tell you, that needle in my extremely tender abscess made me almost cry. I cried out, that's for sure. After I was numb he sliced it open and was really working it to get everything out and I felt it in my lower tissue and it HURT! I was boobing about it a bit. I'm sure the entire ER could hear me "Man this freaking HURTS! OW OW OW OW!!" lol! He couldn't get everything out very easy so he had to shove a pair of surgical scissors in there to break everything up. I didn't look at it but he kept saying "Yep there's another huge chunk, and another, and another...."
They said it was a good thing I came in when I did because it was starting to eat away at my muscle and was probably why it hurt so much to use my arm. I'm on the mend now though! :)



Oh, AN! I hope everything turns out ok! We're praying for you, too.
ReplyDeleteThat just sounds really nasty and I don't blame you at all for yelling about. I don't think I would have enjoyed the commentary though. I don't like knowing everything that's going on while it's happening
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you got it taken care of!!!! I was wincing as I read this, so I can't imagine what you were feeling!!!!
ReplyDelete