
In the episode we were watching, frog had bought a bed and it was finally delivered. Instead of getting a bed, he got the letters B, E and D. So frog goes to "Build a word" and sets the letters up and Marcus says, "Beeee! EH! Dee dee dee!" I was so ecstatic about that!
If you know us or read my blog at all you know that Marcus has been behind in communication. When I took him to get his 18 mo check up they gave me a questionnaire like they do for every check up and for the communication section he got like 10 out of 60 points. On the paper he looked autistic. His pedi was prepared to come in and tell me he was autistic but when he walked in and saw him he said, "Wow what a busy guy! No wonder he's behind in communication!" It's been a rough battle because all the other two year olds we know talk up a storm.
It started with him mimicking animal sounds. I knew that was a good sign because he never mimicked or tried to say anything! Then he started mimicking actions like THIS
And then the letters started. I caught him yesterday morning going "Deeeee! I!!!" at the letters. So tonight in the bath I decided to see how many letters he knew and he completely blew me away. See for yourself!
I'm back to loving a certain two year old in my house ;)



We love word world in our house!
ReplyDeletehe is so cute! and he knows so many letters. I love how he said J
ReplyDelete