Monday, March 1, 2010

Jamie has pneumonia

I can't even tell you...

He's had a cough for the last week, but so has Marcus, so we've just been coasting it out. Well Sunday morning at like 3 am, he woke up with a fever of 102.6 from the binkie thermometer, meaning it was probably closer to 103 or over. I gave him some ibuprofen and took him to the stupid ER on base. I HATE that ER. They always get it wrong, but tricare won't pay for another ER so I take him there.

Anyways, two nurses listened to his lungs and were saying he sounded pretty bad and that he needed an xray and then told me to be pushy because the dr was being an idiot and not even trying to help a couple other people that were in there. He came in and listened to his lungs with a "he sounds perfect" and then checked his ears/throat and said "all looks good. Well, he's not got a temp now and he sounds fine and looks good so go ahead and go home. the fever was probably just a fluke!"

I honestly almost freaked on him. You could HEAR the junk in his lungs just sitting next to him. I told the guy I wanted a chest xray and he said "he sounds and looks fine, he doesn't need one" and i told him I wanted one anyways and he said "well then you can read it yourself" and walked out.

I got the xray and the doc came in and said everything was fine and left. The nurse came in right after and told me the doc barely looked at the xray and that she was going to show it to another dr when he came in. Well they called us today and said he's got pneumonia. Luckily it's a mild case still. The nurse told Sabe "Tell your wife she's a wonderful mother. Had she not brought him in and stood up for him, it could have gotten bad really fast!"Seriously happens every time we go to that ER and I hate it!

I had made an appointment with Jamie's pedi but the ER got back to us before our appointment so we didn't go. I won't hesitate to take him in if he doesn't get better though.

And on a lighter note...

a vid

Three is his streak so far!


1 comment:

  1. THAT VID WAS WAAAAAY TOO SHORT!!!! What's the matter with you people. Grandmas want to see more. Anyway, that's really sad about him having pneumonia. I sure hope he gets better fast.

    ReplyDelete