Saturday, March 6, 2010

Distracted

It's bad. I just came on here to write a blog about being distracted and I got distracted by the fact that yesterday I got too distracted to fix the heading on here so it says "the LaBares" like usual. *shakes head*

Have you ever wanted to write a facebook status but realized that it would end up being 3 paragraphs, so you blog it instead? Yeah that's what this is.

So I looked at the clock and it was close to nap time. Marcus got up early this morning so if I did that math, technically it really was naptime at that time. I look over at Marcus right as he lets out a huge yawn and it decides it for me. So I turn to get a diaper out of the basket and realize there's only a few left, which reminds me of the diapers I put into the wash this morning and totally forgot about that need an extra rinse. So I walk into the kitchen/laundry room and turn the rinse on and out of the corner of my eye, I see my dip/salsa bowl [still left on the counter from my half unloading of the dishwasher earlier] and it reminds me how I've been craving chips and salsa all morning. I'm already in the kitchen, might as well just get it now right? So I do and then I sit down with the boys and we start eating chips and salsa [well, not Jamie, but I've got some snacks for him] and it reminds me of how Marcus and I use to eat bean dip and chips before Jamie came along. We'd make the dip and then snuggle up on the couch and watch Cars while we ate. So of course I had to put Cars on!

So the boys and I are snuggled up, the salsa and Jamie's puffs are now gone, the washer is quiet, the movie is almost over and I smell a faint smell coming from one little Mister Man's diaper, and it clicks. Not only have I not changed his diaper in about 4 hours, I've now completely missed his nap! I look over at him in time to see an even bigger yawn.

Looks like we'll be having a late night tonight!

1 comment: