Saturday, March 20, 2010

What's in a name?

As you know from a few previous blogs, Marcus is able to write his letters. He's gotten really good at the first 6 or so. Yesterday we all went outside and he went straight for his chalk like usual, and went to town. Sabe and I have written his name out for him before but he kind of brushes it off. Well yesterday, I wrote it 3 times in a row, saying each letter as I wrote it. When I finished, he walked away so I thought he just blew me off again, but he went and grabbed a piece of chalk, found some bare sidewalk [there's not much left] and said/wrote the letters a, m, c, u and s. I thought he was just writing out the alphabet again until we got to the third letter and then I realized he was writing his name! Such a proud moment!


The A is obvious. The M is the four lines next to it, the c is the curvy line next to the M. The U looks like a V and the S is backwards with the top hump tiny and the bottom hump huge. So stinking cute!!! He makes me so proud! He's so smart!

In other news, Jamesen has hit the age where we started weaning Marcus into the crib. I'm at the point where I would like a bed free of kids again so last night we rearranged and decluttered our room so that Jamesen had a clean crib. He slept in it for a few hours last night, which is a great start! I did have to climb in there to get him to go to sleep, but whatever it takes! We hope to have him into his own room by a year like we did with Marcus. We're going to probably be going straight to a toddler bed when we switch rooms since he's like Marcus, he'll probably be climbing out of it in no time!

Marcus has become quite the singer! His memory for song lyrics amazes me! He kind of babbles when he sings like that other video I posted, but he gets a lot of the consonants right and it seriously boggles my mind. It makes sense though because I've got music going all day every day. I frequently leave the lap top open so we have music while we're playing. His current favorite song is Long Tall Sally by Little Richard. He does this crazy dance that Sabe taught him, it's hilarious! You can see his excitement in this video, but he doesn't dance, he just goes crazy at the pack n play, quite funny!

I think that's it for now! Until next time :)

1 comment:

  1. That vid is sooo funny. That's really cute that he can write his name. He forgot the R though. lol

    ReplyDelete