Sunday, March 7, 2010

You know you're a photographer when..

So, I'm really OCD about my scrapbooking. The two facing pages have to be made with the same kit. Even if that means I use that kit that doesn't really go with the pics. It irritates me to follow it, but it drives me INSANE if I don't do it. So every month I go through my pictures and sort them onto my EHD [external hard drive for those of you who don't know the lingo]. I put the pictures into separate folders and have a folder titled "Needs to be Scrapped" and that one is broken down into each boy since I make them each books, not ones together. I then number them all so that i know which pics go onto which facing pages so I get it in chronological order at the same time as matching facing pages. I figure out which pages I want to group onto a page and then the ones that fall next to those in the time line and those all have the same first number and then i number each pic. So the pics on the first two facing pages would be 01- however many pics there are for both pages. The next pics would be 02- however many.

Anyways, my point is, since I got my DSLR, I've noticed that not only are more pics being taken, the pictures are better so I end up getting a ton of good ones and I can't just not scrap them, so I end up having HUGE "needs to be scrapped" folders for both boys. I just did Feb's numbering for Jamesen. In the single month of February, I number up to 14. Times that by two since it's facing pages and that 28 pages for February. One page a day is typical for my books and sometimes I do more. January for Jamesen had 20 facing pages. 40 pages for January! No wonder both kids books are filled and Marcus has 4 books at 2.5!!

On another note, I've got another spider bit and it's looking to be just like my last one which freaks.me.out. The ER kept telling me I was dumb for thinking it was a bite [until it was obvious that it was] because "Spiders don't usually bite!" If that's true, why did I just happen to get TWO in 4 months? This one is on my side and very tender. It might not be the same kind of spider because it's not quite as big, but then again my other one had a staff infection on top of it, so... Needless to say, I'm very unhappy. Getting that thing cut opened, drained and dressed every day was a pain in the butt and very very painful! And now I have to do it AGAIN! I hate Kentucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment