Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ugh, Poor Marcus

My poor little Mister Man :( First he was puking, now he's wheezing. Yesterday he was fine, then he woke up from his nap barely able to breathe at all. I gave him some Ibuprofen and then we waited for Sabe to get home to take him to the ER. I opened up the front door and we stood by it. By the time Sabe got back, he was breathing a bit better. Sabe said that he was acting fine at the ER, that he ate and drank, unlike the rest of the day, and that his breathing was fine. They run the ER cold so I know it helped him breathe better. They said they couldn't hear anything and his breathing was because he was crying so hard when he woke up from his nap.

So then he woke up this morning and was wheezing again. So much for the ER's thoughts on it seeing as how he hasn't been crying. SO LAME. I hate that ER with a passion. Seriously they're the most idiotic dr's I've ever been to. They don't listen to you at all, they just take a glance and tell you "oh you just gotta wait it out!" I hate them so much, it's so ridiculous. If Marcus had the tendency to not breathe while he was crying, it would have shown up a long time ago, not at 2.5.

I'm so insanely frustrated and tired. And I can't get a hold of Sabe to get the car to take him to Dr. S. either. I'll keep you posted.

Oh and my MIL reminded me... I forgot to update everyone on Jamie's bump. The neurologist called me back and she's sending me to another one up in Louisville. She said the bump is where a vein and and artery meet. She left me with pretty much no information but I have some nurse friends and they helped me from googling since googling medical stuff can be scary, lol. I'll know more when I go to his appointment to the other neurologist.

I hate all these no answers!

4 comments:

  1. Did they check him for RSV? Have had it at about 20 months old or so. She was trunk breathing...like she was having difficulty and wheezing. They said she had a cold...but I wouldn't take no for an answer. I think being a nurse helps because they ran tests, and RSV. She was on a nebulizer for 2 weeks. Her pedi said one more day and she could have been hospitalized. Sometimes you have to be stern...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sabe took him... They apparently didn't test him for anything except for strep and the flu. They listened to his breathing and said they couldn't hear anything. I'm so frustrated with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like what jared had as a boy. Next time you go in, ask about asthma and say it runs in your family.

    ReplyDelete