Saturday, February 6, 2010

Pitter Patter of Little... Hands

The bottom floor of my house is a rectangle. The top half is one big room with the tv/living room area on the left and the dining area on the right. If you go from the top right, to the bottom right you'll go through a doorway that has no door into the kitchen/laundry area. Going from the bottom right to the bottom left you'll pass through another doorway [that has a door] into the little space right inside the front door and the stairs to the upper floor. There's a "doorway" [it's about the size of a door but it's just a space] going from the bottom left to the living room in the upper left. This area has baby gate blocking off the stairs so Jamesen can't get to it.

Any time I leave the living room and go into the kitchen or any of the "lower part of the rectangle", Jamesen will follow behind me. I'll be switching out laundry, cooking or cleaning and I'll hear the pitter patter of his hands crawling along the floor to find me. Then I'll look around the corner and his face will pop into view and split into a huge wonderful grin just for me when he sees me.

I will admit, sometimes I leave the room just so I can hear the pitter patter of his hands, knowing he's crawling as fast as he can to come find me. That ear to ear grin is one of my favorite things in the universe.

3 comments:

  1. You are so right! Nothing is cuter than that pitter patter giant sized grin! Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a pretty good picture of this in my mind now. Well written post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me wish I didn't have carpet. lol

    Patrick with get to crawling so fast that his hands can't go as fast as his body and he topples over, and then pushes himself up and GRINS! Love it. Can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete