He's got croup. After I posted the last post, I called the on call dr at his pedi and she heard him coughing over the phone, said it was croup and told us to go back to the ER, so off we went. They gave him some steroids and said that it's something that goes away on it's own, but the steroids should help. They seemed to help yesterday, but he woke up today hacking up a lung again and refusing breakfast. My poor kid :(
I host a playdate every Wednesday and it's gotten to the point where if someone's kid is sick, I ask them not to come because Marcus seems to catch everything. He's been sick back to back to back all winter. It's so sad :(
Though it's a good thing I"m still breastfeeding the Jamie man because everything has passed right over him without effecting him at all! Speaking of the Jamie... He is sleeping SO crappily lately. I'm feeling allergies coming on and *luckily* I passed them onto the boys. His nose has been running really bad and he's been having a hard time breathing, so sleeping sucks. He tosses and turns and whines and cries and sits up and cries and whines... it took me and Sabe an hour to get him to go to sleep last night. He was asleep, but fidgeting a lot when I was watching the olympics last night and then woke up right before I went up stairs. It wasn't fun! Then of course he woke up super early like kids do. Crazy! You'd think they'd sleep in but nope!
I found myself last night wishing Jamesen would hurry up and get out of this stage. And then I thought about what I was thinking and took it back, lol! It's one of those "be careful what you wish for" things. Not only will he speed past this stage as quick as a blink of an eye, he'll soon be in High School, married, having kids of his own and I'll be wondering where the time went. Though I have to admit, being a grandma is going to be the BEST! The baby without the sleepless nights?? Heck yeah!
The ''Bug" in me is back
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment