I looked it up and sounded like a sty. I called into his pedi to see if there was anything I could do about it and she said that the way I was describing the swelling made her think something else was going on so we made an appointment for the next day.
We had to get up early to take daddy to work so that I could have the car and when I saw Marcus' eye I almost cried. It was almost completely swollen shut. I counted down the time to his drs appointment, hoping there wasn't something more serious but almost wishing there was so we could get rid of it since you really can't do anything for a sty.
Right before we get there I notice that his eye starts draining a weird yellowish goop and I packed the kids in the car and hurried to our appointment. The student pedi came in to check him out initially and confirmed there was a sty but wanted the Dr. to check him out just in case. The Dr. took one look and said, "Wow that's impressive. I've never seen swelling like that on a child." Hmmm.. She concluded that there was an infection in his eye ontop of having a sty. Joy!
The whole thing happened the day after Marcus was digging in his diaper and got poop on the tips of his fingers. I'm grossed out to say it but I have a feeling he rubbed his eye with his poopy hand. *sigh*
On a lighter note, I took some pics today and can't believe how much Jamesen has grown already!!



Luckily both Erin and Patrick have Matt's skin tone. It's so funny to see Patrick's hand against my skin when I'm nursing him. I'm so stinking WHITE!
ReplyDeleteGlad his eye is looking better!
I hope Marcus' eye gets all better very soon!
ReplyDelete