Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Doa-dee

There are very few people that I would trust to watch my kids for long periods of time without me there. Obviously Dorothy is one of them, because I had her come and watch Marcus while I had Jamesen. Thing with Dorothy is that she's so calming that you can't help but love her. Marcus does! I didn't hear it because I was hanging out with Kahlan, but apparently Marcus said Dorothy's name quite a few times! How cute is that?!? We definitely love Doa-dee in our house! :D

And we love the little person that comes with her too. Marcus loves Kahlan and Kahlan loves Marcus so it's a win-win! Here's some pictures of them at the park today. She totally wore him out big time! He'll sleep awesome tonight, that's for sure!



And I'm totally kicking myself at this point because somehow Grandma LaBare came to visit and I've not yet taken a picture of her and Jamesen together. This is the first time she's met him and I'm a serious picture person. It's baffling to me that I've not taken one yet. I'm going to make it a point to take tons of pics of them tomorrow because I would die if I keep forgetting to take one. How crappy would that be? "Oh yeah, you met Grandma Lynne when you were two months old but I only took pics of her and Marcus together, sorry!"

Speaking of pics of her and Marcus....


Oh and do you remember me talking about my obsession with Halloween?? We bought Marcus' costume a few weeks ago and I dug out his old penguin costume from two years ago for Jamesen. My kids are going to be the cutest kids out trick or treating this Halloween, that's for sure!



We also got some pictures of us with the kids. It always seems that the Marcus pictures are with Sabin, because that's who Sabe's corralling when he's with us, and the Jamesen pics are with me, because I'm always wearing him.



I need to get better about taking pictures of Sabe and Jamesen or poor Jamesen's scrapbook is going to be very lacking! And that would make me feel like a bad mom. I promised myself when I had my second child that I would take just as many pictures of him as I did of Marcus and that I wouldn't stop taking pictures of Marcus and only take pictures of him either. So far I've been doing pretty good about making it equally balanced and now that Jamie is smiling I've been inclined to take more pics of him since they aren't all just of him sleeping.

Marcus is getting easier to take pictures of again too. There was a while there where it was impossible to get a good picture of his face. I scrapbooked a page of his progession from a year to two years and from months 13-17 I had barely anything to choose from! It was a little bit irritating to be honest.

Oh and before I forget... We had Jamie's 2 month well check today. He's been deamed a nice healthy boy. He's 13 lbs 2 oz [half an lb more than Marcus at this age] and 24.5 inches [half an inch taller too]. He's in the 84th % for height and 60 something for weight. We'll see if he stays at that curve. Right after 2 months is when Marcus dropped really far in his curve into the under 10%. We'll see! He's going to be tall though, he's promising that much.

He's also promising to be very busy like Marcus is. The kid is already pulling himself into a sitting position. He can't hold himself there, but if you lay him with his back to your chest, he's pull himself into a sitting position and then fall forward. He actually fell of the couch doing that :( I don't know what it is about our kids... but Hill and LaBare genes mixed make for busy bodies! Which has actually led us to decide that we're done. We had wanted three, but with Jamesen promising to be just as [if not more] busy than Marcus, and me being a single married mom, I just don't think I could handle being huge and pregnant while trying to keep two small children with very loud personalities and ideas from running in opposite directions. Plus, we're very happy with two boys and I'm very ok with never being pregnant again.

Anyways, that's my recent happenings. Until next time [which might be quite soon... :) ]

7 comments:

  1. Ayenne you look really good! I can tell that you've lost weight :D

    and Jamesen and Marcus are soo cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is funny to hear you talk about not wanting your second child to have less pics than your first!!! I say the same thing to Peter every time I take a picture of Sophia! I love the new pictures of you two with your boys!! So cute! And, J makes a GREAT penguin!!! He is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute cute cute!! Sad thing is, I'm so tired, I'm having a hard time taking any pictures of anyone. (sigh)

    As for you being done...I don't even know what to say to that. lol I wouldn't blame you, but I still sort of hope you eventually change your mind for one more...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't do anything drastic. You are still very young...and might change your mind 3 or 4 years from now. We decided to be done only because Les is almost 36, I am 30, and we have two kids in private schools which is VERY expensive. Not to mention I had to go through fertility treatments to have them. But, if we were both young, and I was fertile...we would have one more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm going to get an IUD intil we're positive beyond anything that we're done

    ReplyDelete
  6. J. in that that penguin costume is the cutest thing I've ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't get that pesky Mirena again (especially with all the new class action lawsuits against it right now).

    I fear womb baby getting a severe case of "second child syndrome" as well, lack of pictures, not as many new clothes or toys.. we'll see how it goes

    ReplyDelete