Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It's been tough

Last week was a bad week. I don't even know where to start.

...

Marcus is very big on his schedule when it comes to sleeping, I've mentioned this before. There were a couple days last week where his routine was broken. Sabe's been regularly coming home in time to help put the kids to bed so he puts Marcus down since he doesn't get to see him at all during the day. Well there were a few days that he either didn't get home in time or had to stay over night so I had to put him down. When I put him down, I've got Jamesen with me. Jamie doesn't like when you sit. So instead of sitting with Marcus and rubbing his back and snuggling, I'm standing up pacing with Jamesen and Marcus isn't laying down and trying to sleep because he's use to snuggling.

When Marcus' sleep schedule is broken, he doesn't sleep. And the less he sleeps, the less he sleeps. Seems backwards I know, but if he doesn't nap, he doesn't sleep well during the night which means he doesn't nap the next day, etc. So the combination of me putting him to bed and him falling asleep getting pushed back because his schedule was broken etc etc just REALLY made him cranky. Add that he's getting his last set of molars [still...................] and he's been a beast! Usually the thing to remedy this is to take him outside. But of course, pouring buckets. Finally when it stopped raining after a like a day and a half of him doing everything he knows he's not supposed to and being super fussy and clingy and all that jazz, I took him outside to splash in puddles. He was still fussy when we got back in so we went back out after nap time and he was even worse when we got back in again.

I wanted to rip my hair out. Jamesen has also been really fussy. I honestly thing that he might be getting a tooth but I'm not sure. He won't let me sit, he won't eat, he won't sleep. It's been exhausting. I have to stand and rock him back and forth all day every day to get him to stay asleep. Lucky for me, the boys have been passing out from exhaustion at the same time every day so I get a break at least.

It got so bad for awhile there that I had tried everything to calm them both down at the same time and when nothing had worked and I had nothing left under my sleeves, I just sat there and cried with them. Sabe was actually a bit worried about me for awhile there. He got the day off on Sunday and even though he hybernated most of the day, he kept Marcus upstairs with him for his nap and Jamesen I guess was so exhausted that he slept the entire time too and I just scrapped. I got like 3 and a half hours of scrapping done and then my neighbor and I took the babies [we both have toddlers and babies] to Walmart and just walked around grocery shopping. She's been pretty stressed too so we both had a nice time walking around and talking and not dealing with the crazy 2 year olds.

I've been staying up till like 2 am just calming myself down. It's hard to go to sleep after having an extremely aggrivating day, day after day. I've gotten tons of scrapping done in my down time though, so that's good.

Today was better. Daddy was home to put Marcus down yesterday and naptime was on time today so it went more smoothly. Plus it was sunny so we were able to go the park.

Being a mommy is hard work. I'm not gonna lie, there have been plenty of times that I wish that I wasn't a mommy just for a day. It's a good thing their so dang cute at the end of the day when they're sleeping and peaceful.

2 comments:

  1. If babies and little kids weren't cute, the human race would have died out a long time ago because no sane person would want to have one.

    (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope things turn out for the better, and soon!

    Believe me when I say I do know what you're going through. One day I went to school after Jared and Nathanael kept me up all night. My professor asked me what was going on. He said he'd never seen me look so bad. He gave me good council in how to get the kids to sleep.

    Just remember we're praying for you. And this, too, shall pass.

    ReplyDelete