Monday, April 18, 2011

Jamesen is almost 2

and he's still waking up a few times a night at least half the week. It was getting really frustrating until last night when I might have had a break through...

I think he was having bad dreams last night or something... he would cry and I could tell he was scared, so I would lay down on the floor next to his bed and he'd go right back to sleep. There was one point where he went right back to sleep, so I slipped out and once I got back in my bed, I guess he noticed I was gone and started crying again. This was the 4th time he'd started crying between 11:30 and 2. Needless to say, it was getting old. I went back into his room and firmly told him he was fine while putting him back into his bed. I made sure he had his binkie and was snuggled in his favorite blanket before telling him that he was fine and needed to go to sleep. I told him I was going to leave and it was going to be up to him how long he cried. I turned to leave and he started crying when I got to the door so I told him he was fine and to go to sleep and slipped out. He cried until I got back into my bed and then abruptly stopped and didn't cry again (until 5:30, but hey that's better than the hour between wakings he was doing before!).

I sat there for a few minutes shocked that it actually worked! Course I was also so exhausted that the shock wore off fast and I thankfully fell asleep quickly there after. What a relief! Hopefully it's a break through, because I'm one tired momma!

In other news, Sabe and I have decided that we're not going to be trying for another baby in July like we were originally planning. There are quite a few factors going into that decision with a few of the biggest being that 1. Jamesen is still very clingy and adding another baby probably wouldn't be a good idea 2. Sabe will most likely not be around very much for the next few years and being preggo while the boys suck at sleeping wouldn't be fun if I've also got to do all the care all day long with no help and 3. We've not had any time alone in the last year. We've been living off other people and think it would be better to spend some time just the four of us for awhile. In a few years we'll reevaluate if we even want another baby or if we're ok with our just our two hellians... I mean lovable and adorable boys :].

We've only got about a month left before we find out where we're going! I'm excited about that, because time really has been flying here. We've been having a lot of fun with Grandma and Grandpa (the boys love them so much, it's so cute) but I'm def. ready to find out where we're going next! Can't wait to start researching preschools, sports and things like that! I'll post it here once I know, so check back! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment