Saturday, April 23, 2011

Holidays are so much better with kids

When I was a kid, I loved holidays. I love my birthday, Christmas, Halloween... Everything. I loved all the excitement and everything that goes with holidays. I was sad as I got older because the excitement dissipated and holidays were just not the same...

Then I had kids...

I don't know who's more excited about waking up and seeing presents under the tree or Easter baskets full of stuff waiting for us to dive into. Wait yes I do, ME!! I get so excited wrapping the presents, picking the costumes, filling the baskets, etc. I just can't wait to see their faces when they see everything and watch as they find all the goodies they've acquired.

Easter is tomorrow and I've been dieing for it to hurry and get here! We colored eggs yesterday and the boys loved it! At one point, Jamesen actually stuck his face into one of the dyes and tried to blow bubbles, getting a mouth full of vinegar water. The look on his face was hilarious! I wish I could have captured it!

I can't wait to play Easter bunny tonight and go on an egg hunt tomorrow. I just wish Sabe were here to witness the gleeful faces of these beautiful boys too. Oh well, maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment