Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Highlights.

We had a great Easter! The only thing that could have made it better was if Sabe was around to see it all too. Sadly for him, he'll be seeing it all through pics as well this year. Hopefully as we go through the years in the Army, he'll alternate between holidays so I can get pics of him and the boys at least every other year on the holidays.

For the last few weeks, I've been gathering stuff for the baskets. I was excited when my mom found these two adorable baskets! They're so durable and totally adorable! This is what the baskets looked like after the Easter Bunny stopped by :)


Jamesen made a B-line for the baskets when we woke up. The look on his face was so priceless. I wish I could have snatched a pic of it, seriously so awesome!


Took me a minute to get Marcus interested, but once he saw Jamesen digging around his basket, he had to have his own, lol


How classic is this... Both kids grab candy the first thing out of their baskets. Seriously, these kids take after me so much. Sugarholics!!



The biggest hit though, was the light up noodle monster things I found at walgreens. They love them! My 8 month old niece thought they were pretty great too! Best thing, they were cheap!



My mom had a pumpkin that she bought around Halloween and never got around to carving. Fast forward to Easter and it's still there, sitting on her porch, perfect like she bought it yesterday. Marcus kept wanting to bring it in and carve it, so my mom decided to carve it into a bunny. The boys loved it! Here they are in their cute Easter outfits with the pumpkin. They were kind of grumpy right before this. Marcus was hungry (hence the eating..) and Jamesen was really sleepy.




We had the hunt right after my nieces got to the house. Since all the kids were 5 and under, we decided to skip the candy and go with small toys for the hunt. We figured that would be better for everyone involved seeing as how all the kids are hyper anyways and add sugar they become the energizer bunny on crack.

Marcus had a lot of fun. My dad was going around with him so that I could take pictures and they were so cute together! My dad would point the area of the toy and Marcus would gleefully run over and grab it, throwing it into the basket my dad was holding for him.

Jamesen wasn't really that into the hunt. He found the two eggs in the sand box right away and put them in his bucket. But then... he took his bucket over to a corner and dumped everything out and gave up on the hunt. I'm glad I got this one picture because it's the only action shot I got of him during the hunt! Silly kid.

Here's another shot of my mom's crazy holiday mixing up tendencies. The fake trees are from my wedding reception that she's just kept around because she bought them. She decorates them with every holiday. I think it's such a cute idea! She bought lights for every holiday and hangs them around on the trees. She use to have ornaments on the tree too until we got here. Jamesen liked taking them off.


And because these pics are so dang cute, here are my smiley boys playing in the pool. I added some hot water to it with buckets from the sink so it wasn't so ice cold. They loved it and were all smiles!








Thanks for looking! Hope you had a great Easter!

1 comment:

  1. ok, seriously......... those pictures of them playing together are priceless. SO adorable. And I agree with you on the holidays. They're so much more fun with kiddos! Good luck movin' to Georgia!!!! That's exciting to finally know where you'll be!

    ReplyDelete