Friday, April 15, 2011

Alien Crunchies

I distinctly remember sitting with my little sister in the back yard as kids eating sand and calling it Alien Crunchies. I remember only doing it once because I hated the feel of the sand on my teeth. This experience makes me really think "What the heck!?" when Jamesen insists on eating sand every time we go out to play. It's not just a tiny bit either, it's entire handfuls. If I'm not careful to keep a very close eye on him, he'll end up pooping out a diaper full of sand. Not really that fun to clean up.

I've googled it, and the only thing I could even come close to is that anemia can cause you to eat dirt. Dirt and sand are two totally different things though so I'm not sure if sand fits into the category. He's a meat lover too, so I can't see him being iron deficient. Marcus eats the exact same things as Jamesen and doesn't eat sand. Really makes me raise my eyebrow a bit...

In other news, the Army decided to tease us by telling Sabe where we were going, only to tell him "just kidding!" a couple hours later. From what I could tell (seeing as how Sabe was being a bit cryptic and not really making sense), they told a bunch of guys they were going to Ft. Benning, GA and accidentally included Sabe in that. He sent me a cryptic text that read, "Got good news this morning! Gotta double check with my command before we're positive tho." or something along those lines. I was so excited to hear where we were going, because I knew that's what it meant. By the time I finally got a hold of him though, they'd already told him "just kidding!!" we may still end up going there, but for now I'm breathing a sigh of relief...

We lived in GA for about a year when I was little. My earliest memories are from there. I remember watching smurfs while I waited for my older sister to come home from school. I remember sitting out in the yard weeding while it was raining. I remember the rain being really warm and the drops being HUGE. The one thing I'm worried about though... I remember fire ants and those memories aren't fun. I can't imagine trying to keep the boys inside to try and avoid fire ants from eating them alive. That would not be fun! So needless to say, a sigh of relief from me, though it would have been nice to know where we were going so I could start looking into preschools and sports for Marcus... we should know mid May (I hope!).

No comments:

Post a Comment