We're home! The drive back wasn't nearly as seamless as the drive there. The drive there was... man I can't even tell you. The boys were perfect except for the last 15 minutes where they were a bit fussy. We were driving through rain and flooding though so maybe it was God's way of keeping Sabe focused on the road properly?
The way back was sunny and the roads were good but MAN were the kids fussy! Jamesen fell asleep really quickly after starting out but was only asleep for like an hour when he woke up upset. Marcus was SO DONE with his carseat really fast as well. Right when we were about to stop, Jamesen fell asleep again so we stopped to get gas and Marcus an icecream cone to try and persuade him to stay quiet. While filling the car Jamesen woke up since the car wasn't in motion but we just got Marcus the cone anyways which lasted only about 5 minutes before he started smearing it all over his harness and refused to touch it after I cleaned him up.... with Jamesen crying the entire time.
I was switching between them trying to keep them quiet while we tried to hurry and make it to a McDonalds so we could let Marcus loose for an hour. We found two and neither had a play place. LAME! So we stopped at a Subway and let the kids out and they were both very angry to get back into their carseats. We were only like 45 minutes away from home by then though and wouldn't you know it, they both passed out.
I'm glad to be home! That wasn't the worst drive I've ever done [the one to Vegas in February when Marcus was 5 months was BY FAR the worst drive I've EVER done] but it was still pretty bad. specially after them being so awesome on the drive there.
We had a blast though and when Marcus realized we were home he started crying and we couldn't get him to stop. I'm pretty sure it was because he didn't want to leave Kahlan and Dorothy!
Speaking of Dorothy... She was laughing at me while I was there, telling me that soon she would need a separate folder of bookmarks for all my many blogs. Well, I've made yet another one. Adi's 365 Blog . Feel free to follow my journey!
The ''Bug" in me is back
8 years ago



I'm glad you had a good time even if it wasn't with us. LOL!
ReplyDelete