Thursday, August 13, 2009

Holy new words batman!!

So I guess all it took for Marcus to start speaking is for Grandma to come.

She brought him a book that has flaps. He brought it to her and she was saying the names of things and he was repeating them back to her! All his consonants were D's but they sounded really close to the word! He said bear, chicken and a handful of other words. I'm amazed! I'm totally blown away by him.

Funny thing is, is that I talk to him all day long pointing things out and saying what they are and he never repeats them except baby and then my mom comes with this new book and he's all words. Thanks mom! Now I know Marcus is getting something out of me talking to myself all day long!

He handed her the book and climbed into lap 4 times tonight. What a sweet boy. He jumped all over her when she walked in, gave her hugs and kisses galore and to top it all, Jamesen napped on my dad instead of screaming.

What a wonderful night :)

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, how fun! I love new words. Lucy is still at the point where she'll say words once and then never again, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom brought Erin that same book! lol, she loves it, and was totally doing the same thing (although not as much as a surprise because she was already talking a lot). I then found the same type of book that does numbers and had to get that one too. I don't know what it is about the flaps, but they must just be the coolest thing!

    ReplyDelete