Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Day in the Life of...

We had Marcus' two year well check today. He got a booster of something. He also had to get his blood checked for lead. I couldn't go with him. I had to have Sabe do it. I've got issues with needles in the arms. I'm ok with shots but blood draws and IV's freak me out. I knew that if I went in there with him, my freaking out would freak him out and make him freak out. So daddy went. Apparently they missed his vein the first time and had to stick him again. And then he got the booster. Daddy was holding him for that too so when Sabe went to pull him out of the car when we got home, he started crying, it was kind of sad.

Anyways, he's almost 26 pounds which puts him in the 25th percentile for weight! You have no idea how excited I was about that. He's not been out of the 10th his entire life so it was nice to know that I'm feeding a well enough balanced diet that he's gaining weight, lol! He's 34.5 inches long which puts him in the 60th percentile. I'm actually pretty sure she did it wrong. They lay the kids on a table, put their head up to the end and bring their one leg all the way down and measure that way. When I looked at M, his neck was craned and so his head was a bit to the side. So he's probably more like 35 inches or something. Who knows?

We spent a lot of time outside today. Marcus was just not having it being inside but my allergies are really kicking in. Since I'm breastfeeding, I can't take allergy medicine because it's all got decongestants in it and it would dry up my milk. Anyways, I brought out a sheet and we sat in the shade while Marcus played. I decided I wanted to get a picture of the boys together and it was a bear!! But I got an alright one.


Marcus hates having Jamesen touch him when it's not his choice, lol. It can be really frustrating. Another thing that's really frustrating is when Jamie is in the swing and starts crying, Marcus runs over and tries to pick him up out of it. Jamesen is a little over 12 lbs and Marcus is almost 26. I let Marcus help me grab Jamesen and bring him to the couch and it's really cute to see him staggering around even though I'm supporting most of Jamie's weight, lol!

I've been playing with my camera lately. I've had it for almost 2 years and I'm only now figuring it out. I think the pics I'm taking now are pretty cute for the most part.





Of course, the models might have something to do with it :)

We've also got a couple friends that love our backyard! We see them all day long every day.
and some videos.









photobucket and blogger have both had issues with this next video so I had to put it on dropshots. It's too funny not to share!

Marcus Grooving

1 comment:

  1. I love Jamesen's whale onsie! It's so cute :) And I'm jealous of your hummingbirds!

    ReplyDelete