I've been avoiding writing this update blog because of all the stuff that has happened, but the longer I avoid it, the more stuff goes on and the more I avoid. So... no plan, just gonna write and see what happens. I apologize in advance for any long windedness and what not.
The trip went well. It actually went really well. The boys did so awesome in the car. The only time we had to stop a ton was when Jamesen got sick and was running a really high fever on the last day. He did ok until about half way through and then he was burning up like crazy so we had to keep stopping. He had the fever for a few days, but no other symptoms and nobody else got what he had, so I have no idea what it was!
We made it to the extended stay hotel and it had a pool! At first, Marcus only wanted to be in his floaties and Jamesen didn't want to have anything to do with it, but by the end of the 11 days, they were both swimming! It was crazy the transformation in Marcus. He was so terrified of the water outside of his floaties and wouldn't put his face in the water at all. The last few days though, he was actually swimming short distances. It was so awesome!! I was so proud of him. We were too stoked about it to get a video though. I even promised my mom I would get one and we just didn't think about when it was time. Sabe has a couple 4 day weekends coming though, so I think we'll take the kids to the nearby pool and I'll try to remember to get a vid of it.
We opted out of base housing because it was taking too long to get into. They changed the way they do things (or Benning has always done it this way, I don't know)... anyways they changed the way they do things and it was going to cost us a lot of money to stay at the hotel and wait. We were in the house we found for about 2 weeks and they called us, saying they had a key for us. We wouldn't have had any money for the hotel had we waited for them. Our house is great! It's got huge windows for my photography. I love it! The boys love it too. They love all the room. There's a ton of room though because our household goods aren't here yet. There's tons of space without, lol! It comes in on Jamesen's birthday and I can't wait!! So ready for my bed!
The only problem is that I have to keep the boys inside. We can't go outside because of all the ants. We've got two huge fire ant mounds in our huge backyard and a big one in the front yard. I've been trying to kill them for a few days but nothing has been working. It kills some of them, but not the entire mound. We decided to go out and get some fire and killer tonight. The boys just want to be outside so bad. Hopefully it works soon. I'm so sick getting bitten! Luckily Sabe and I are the only ones that have gotten bitten by fire ants so far. The boys have been bitten by black ants. Their bites don't hurt as much or for as long as the black ant bites.
I'm in a new vehicle. We were (and still are... ugh) paying A LOT in car payments. It was suffocating us a bit, so we went to see what could be done. I'm now in a Maxima. It's a really fun car actually. I love it. It took a bit to get use to being in a car after being in an SUV for a few years, but I still love it. It's got a lot of trunk space and the boys have an easier time getting in and out of it. There's more leg room between the front seats and the back seat too, so they've got more room than in my Pathfinder.
All in all, things are going great. I hope my photography picks up as I've finally got a room for all my photog junk and great lighting in my house! I need to find a few locations for outdoor shoots, but that shouldn't be too hard. You can see pics of the house and recent pics of the boys in this album on facebook. It's easier than posting pics on blogger!
Anyways, thanks for reading my long windedness :) Until next time!
The ''Bug" in me is back
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment