We're going to be starting potty training once we get the house all unpacked and I can devote all my efforts to it. We've started having him sit on the potty before bath time. He use to cry and scream if I even acted like I was putting him on there but now that I've pulled out the gumball machine, he's a lot happier to sit because he knows he gets rewards. I'm doing the same thing that I did for Marcus. He gets rewards just for sitting on the potty in the beginning. Once he gets use to sitting on the potty, I'll try to keep him on there for longer periods of time in hopes of him accidentally going where we'll make a huge deal out of it and he'll get huge rewards. Hopefully he'll catch on as fast as Marcus. Once I got the gumball machine, he was potty trained in 2 weeks flat. Minus over night...
I'm not buying anymore training pants though. I should have enough to get me through until the house unpacked and then it's underwear 100% of the time for Marcus man. I'm debating whether or not to just go underwear the entire time with Jamesen as well and see how that goes. We'll see. We hope to have both boys in underwear 100% of the time by the end of the year. I don't know if that's an unrealistic goal or not. I guess we'll see.
The boys are doing great. We've been making Marcus speak full sentences to us lately to encourage him to talk and it's really helping out a lot. He's been so late with talking it's made is really lax in making him talk. We're so happy he can actually communicate with us that we let the bare minimum slide. For example, he would say, "Drink?" for a drink, but I've been coaching him to say "Can I have a drink please?" I swear I would give that kid anything (within reason of course) if he properly asked me for it. Like today... He clear as day said, "Can I have some car cake please?" talking about Jamesen's Lightning McQueen birthday cake I made. I was so happy! I've also been trying to coach him to answer questions with something other than no or silence. He will now answer "Martus!" (we're working on it) when asked what his name is and "Fweem" when asked how old he is.
Before I forget, I have to rave about what a great husband I have. I wasn't feeling very well this morning. My allergies have really been acting up. I think I'm allergic to something in our carpets (like always it seems). Anyways, so I was in a really bad mood today and we got into a fight and I was just not feeling well and I was cranky, so I went to bed. I didn't even say a word, I just went to bed. He let me sleep for almost 4 hours this afternoon. He got the boys lunch, put Jamesen down for a nap, switched out the laundry, loaded the dishwasher and then went back to sorting through boxes. I woke up to a messy living room (he was going through a box of paper work) but I was well rested and MY chores had been done. Even after I got upset at him and was fighting with him he still went and did all of that. Sweet huh! :)
I need to take some pics of the toy room. The boys spend a lot of their time in there while unpacking goes on. I've sorted through it all and organized it so it's easier for me to think when I go in there. We've got a ton of toys so it would just be a huge mess if I let it go unorganized. They are LOVING the train table. Jamesen was like 10 months when it went into storage so it's nice that he's older now. He doesn't wreck the track like he use to. The move damaged the table though (and my washer too!!) I don't know how they'll compensate us for it as it's still usable, but I guess we'll see. At least it's the place they go to if we can't find them! It'll randomly go silent so I'll go searching thinking the worst and they'll be playing in there nicely, totally absorbed in what they're doing :)
Anyways, I'll keep you updated on the preschool and potty training front and once we get unpacked and decorated I'll take more pics of the house. Until then,



No comments:
Post a Comment