Monday, July 4, 2011

Tidbits on jamesen...

Anybody who personally knows Jamesen knows that he's very stuck to me. He rarely goes to anybody else and all Hell breaks loose if I so much as leave the room!

I made it to my breaking point. I was so done. I had had it with the clinginess and the never going to Sabe and the always crying behind the bathroom door if I shut it, etc. I posted a giant rant online to some online friends of mine, but nobody had any suggestions but to wait it out. I was frustrated and over it so I went to bed.

That's when the miracle happened...

I swear it was over night like right when we got into the new house that he all the sudden didn't need me as much. Maybe it's Sabin coming home coupled with us moving into the house so we're STABLE, but he's changed. He's going to Sabe a lot more often and crying a lot less often. About a week and a half ago we were all walking through a parking lot towards the PX and Jamesen let go of my hand to grab onto Sabe's and didn't even look back at me.

The biggest thing though... and if you really know Jamesen you'll know how bit this is... is that he stays in nursery on Sunday by himself. He doesn't last the entire time, but the two Sundays we've been going to this new ward, he stayed in there for at least half the time without me or Sabe! Seriously that's amazing because I'm not use to being able to just leave him and not have a meltdown on my hands. We were in Vegas for 2 and a half months and the longest he lasted in nursery was 5 minutes. Literally. Once he realized I was gone, he would start the water works like the world was ending.

I don't know what happened, but I'm very happy about it. 2 years straight of barely being able to leave his side has really worn me down. I think I've paid my dues with clingy kids! Hopefully our next one is the most laid back lazy baby ever!

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!! That's amazing! I wish were there so maybe he'd go to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo-hoo for Jameson and nursery! seriously, that's the best feeling ever when they finally just 'click' with it!

    ReplyDelete