Saturday, February 12, 2011

We have words!

I've been a tad bit worried about Jamesen's speech since he's a bit behind. He's never passed Marcus in how behind he is though, so I've not been worrying too much. Lately though, I've got no need to worry, he's saying new words everyday!

Yesterday we were in a store at the mall. I was holding Jamesen while Sabe followed Marcus around. Sabe went past us and Jamesen clear as day said "Daddy" for the first time. It was so cute!! He said yummy today to the french toast and eggs I made him (another awwww!). He's been saying "done" regularly when he's finished with his food and wants out of his high chair and has also started saying "down". All these new words are on top of the ones he's already got, hi, bye, mommy, doggy, kitty, etc. I know it's not a ton, but it makes me heart sing to know he's talking. He's talking way more than Marcus at this age at least!

Speaking of Marcus, he's amazing me too. He's saying new phrases daily as well and is catching up quickly. He says bye bye to everything now days "Bye-bye daddy" when he leaves, "Bye-bye Ponyo" when the movie stopped, "Bye-bye poopy". We giggle about that one because usually it's followed with a "See yah!" I hope not son. I really hope not.

It's so funny how something can make you so happy when to others it seems so mundane. I've had a lot of people tell me that Marcus will soon explode with talking and I'll wish he would shut up. Honestly, with how long it's taken him to even get to these few word phrases, I can never see that happening. This boy will have his momma hang on his every word for the rest of life I'm afraid! Whether that's a good or bad thing is to be announced...

Jamesen is still just as clingy to me as ever. He gets really jealous when I pay attention to anybody else. He could be completely distracted by something, but the minute Sabe comes over for a peck or a quick squeeze, oh man! Jamesen comes running over and wants to be in the middle! Heaven forbid I pay attention to Marcus either. We were dancing around the living room yesterday and Marcus went behind the couch. He came out crying and holding his eye. He's got a slight black eye from whatever happened. Anyways, I was comforting Marcus and Jamesen was pretending to hurt himself to get attention too. It got to the point where he climbed up on the rest of my lap and whacked Marcus in the head with his own head, just to get attention from me. Well, not sure if he really meant to do it, but I laughed anyways. Poor Marcus. I couldn't help but giggle at them while they were both wailing away on my lap.

I think that's it for now. My laptop broke so there won't be any new pictures as they're all stuck on my camera for the time being. Should get it back from being fixed in a week or two. Until then! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment