Monday, August 8, 2011

One of those moments

Today while I was laying on the floor of the toy room trying not to be sick, Marcus was drawing me pictures. We've been watching Blue's Clues a lot lately and there's one point where Doodle (a drawing board) draws a letter and then draws a picture around it. Marcus did the 4 that were in the video but then started making up his own and then would try to spell the word. He failed at spelling any of the words correctly, but I was so amazed at how close he actually got it for a kid who doesn't know how to read or write. Maybe my working on it with him is actually sinking in a bit! It hasn't seemed like it up until this point. I've been so sick lately that I've taken a break in his homeschooling and maybe that's what he needed, just a tiny break.

He's talking mostly in sentences now as well, which I'm really excited about! They're mostly small (2-4 words) but that's better than nothing! He's enunciating a lot better now and actually says his name right! He use to say Martus but for the last few days has said Marcus. He's such a sweet boy :) He's a little stinker too! I just confirmed that he can indeed unlock the fridge. I've suspected it for a few weeks now, but could never catch him in the act and haven't been sure if I hadn't forgotten to lock it or not. He's really helpful with Jamesen though so I can't complain. He's really is such a great kid and I'm so blessed to have him!

Jamesen is growing like a weed. That kid is huge! He fits perfectly in his 3T clothes, right along with Marcus who has been wearing half 3T half 4T. Jamesen has become quite the monkey. Our pantry is taller than our fridge and has 4 doors, two on top and two on bottom. Jamesen has taken to opening on the doors and then scaling the shelves to get to the top where I keep all the good stuff. I've not seen him do it (he's fast!) but Sabe has.

He's talking so well too. He's saying small sentences, though not nearly like Marcus is. He'll repeat some words after we say them too. I think his constant need for the binkie is hindering his speech a tad. I've been working on breaking him of it, but sometimes... like when you're really sick to your stomach and have been alllll day, you just want a happy kid so you give in. He's not really potty training either, but he's started telling me right after he goes, so that's a good sign he'll be ready soon. I hope to have him mostly trained by the time this baby comes along.

Despite being pretty sick lately, this pregnancy is going well. I'm only 6 weeks so the fact that I'm still pregnant is a great thing! only 6 more weeks until it's a lot less likely that I'll have a miscarriage! Always a great milestone to hit. I'm just trying to make it through each day since morning sickness has really hit me hard this time around. If I keep my stomach full, I can usually at least function through the day, but I have to be really careful because if I over fill my stomach, I get pretty sick too. The boys have been great for the most part though. They've been really good for me when I'm home a lone lately which I'm so thankful for.

We've not really been doing much lately. Just hanging out and waiting for the heat and humidity of summer to fade. The boys are not fans of humidity at all and they prefer to stay inside rather than play outside until the sun starts to set. It should be getting cooler here in a few weeks though, so hopefully we'll be playing outside a lot more soon. Can't wait for the ants to leave! They're pretty ruthless in our backyard. I have to keep a very close eye on the boys so they don't stop in a mound.

Anyways, that's it for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment