I'm a planner. I always have the next few minutes, the next hour, the rest of the day, week, month, year, decade planned. Even if it's planning on doing nothing all day long, it's planned! I'm not terribly strict about it though. I use to be, but I can't really be anymore. Why you might ask?
The army cured me of it (sort of). I have no idea where I'm going to be in 6 months. I could be anywhere from California to Germany. Sabe will be going to training in March for a little over 2 months and then we'll move again. Where? No idea. Wish I knew! I'd love to plan the trip while I still have tons of time to plan it. I wish I could search for a preschool for Marcus, maybe a tumbling class. I wish I could look into the housing and/or look for a house near the base if on base housing isn't available.
I find myself struggling with not being able to plan how my not so distant future is going to roughly go. I'm forced to plan the distant part instead... like going back to school when we get to where we're going. Getting my photography known where ever we are. Maybe start making some money off of it.
Speaking of photography... I'm actually doing pretty good. I've had at least one shoot a month to post on my blog for the last 6 or so months (even if some of them were personal shoots). I've got a shoot lined up for tomorrow and one lined up for next week sometime, both paying jobs! Maybe I'll get a few shoots done in Vegas while I'm there too.
Yeah so anyways, hopefully we'll know where we're going by the time my birthday gets here. I'm crossing all crossables and praying my heart out that we get California. We'd be 3.5 hours away from Vegas and I've got a few online friends very near there that I would absolutely love to meet!
I guess that's the good thing about being in the military. You meet a ton of people you would never have met other wise. Like my friend Amanda. She will be a dear life long friend. The only one that I took from Kentucky.
Wish us luck!
The ''Bug" in me is back
8 years ago



I hope you get California too. Then you wouldn't be so far away.
ReplyDelete