Thursday, September 2, 2010

The things that make me happy

I've decided that I need to remember to make time to do the things that I love. I've pretty much stopped doing a lot of things at this point and have been just moping around the house. I've been having a really hard functioning to be honest. My emotions are always in turmoil and I just can't help to think about all the things that have happened to me lately. It all eats me alive.

I will be the first to admit that I've not been a fun person to be around at all. My poor kids. I got a job because I needed some me time [we needed the paycheck too, but that's beside the point]. I finally picked up scrapbooking again because I really missed it. I was afraid to do it before because Sabin I think thought that scrapbooking was taking up too much of my time rather than realizing that I was doing it to keep me sane and destress. When you're stressed all the time, you will be doing your thing to destress all the time too!

The other night I decided that I was going to take some time and have a girls night out type thing. There's a really sweet girl at my work that I decided I wanted to have go with me, so we made a dinner date. We went to this really yummy restaurant just down the way. They've got this amazing chocolate cake desert thing that we ordered and we just sat there and chatted away. It's a good thing the place was really quite dead so we weren't camping there taking up room and costing the server money.

Anyways, I'm rambling... My point is that doing that made me realize that I can't be a good wife or a good mom if I'm not taking time to do things that I love. For example, I stopped taking pictures all together. For anyone that knows me, they know that's kind of a big thing. I use to take at least 50 if not 150 photos a day of my children. In the entire month of August I think I may have taken maybe 100. So today I whipped out the camera and realized, again, just what I love about capturing my children at the exact moment that they are being themselves to save for all of time to see.

A few nights ago, Sabe and I stayed up late playing Mario on the Wii. I love Mario. Even more, I love playing Mario with friends and family. We actually had a great time playing a stupid video game. We haven't played a video game together since before we moved to Kentucky. Before Marcus was born, we use to play Halo together all the time. It was stupid, yet fun bonding time. I missed that.

Anyways I'm rambling again. My blogs have turned into crazy random posts lately. My goal for this month is to do more of the things that make me happy so I can truly and honestly say that I'm happy to be in my shoes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment