and yet we're in totally different places in our lives. Usually, best friends do everything together but that's not the case with us. She's got a steady boyfriend while I'm married with kids. Talking with a lot of people in the same place in their lives as me, they said getting married and having kids really showed them who their true friends were.
Shauna is my only friend that hasn't done everything at the same time as me and I think it really just makes our friendship stronger. Even though we're in totally different places in our lives, we're able to talk to each other about it still, without feeling alienated or anything like that. I'm able to help her through things and she's there for me and listening to me and my problems as well.
Every time we get done chatting with each other, I marvel at how well we get along. Not to say we've not had our disagreements, but they've been few and far between with quick make ups as well. I really think we were a match made in heaven, haha. We're so alike and yet different enough that we mesh really well.
Thank you Shauna for being there for me and I know we'll have many years a friendship left in us. I hope to some day be old ladies going out to lunch together, reminiscing about the good ol' days.
The ''Bug" in me is back
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment