Shauna (my best friend for those who don't know) wanted to take me out for my birthday. While my birthday was a few days ago, we did it last night instead so she could keep on track with her studying and things like that. Knowing us, I decided to put the boys down early so we could get a head start. I knew that if we didn't start early, we would be staying up way too late and would both end up paying for it today since the boys get me up early and she has to get up early for school and the like.
How I was planning for it to go was that I would put the boys down at 7 rather than 8, they would play for a bit because they weren't tired and eventually fall asleep right on schedule. I would get home and be in bed by midnight since I usually don't end up going to sleep before then anyways, the boys would get up at 530 like normal and we would have a regular day.
Not what happened at all.
Apparently the boys were tired enough that they were out long before 8. Apparently Shauna and I were both bestie starved because I didn't get home until right before midnight. I had to then take an hour to shut my brain off before I could sleep, so I got to bed a little after 1. Of course, wouldn't you know it, if you put the boys down an hour early they wake up an hour early too, so at 430 on the dot, their light was on and they were up playing. Attempts to get them back to sleep were unsuccessful and now here I sit, watching Totoro with the boys at an even more ridiculous hour than normal.
It sure was good to get some time with the bestie tho. We talked a lot, like we always do. We also went exploring and found this community (for the lack of a better word) of stores. The buildings and everything looked like something out of Italy and quite a few times I gasped at how beautiful it was. If there weren't a million people to get in the way, it would be an amazing place for pictures. They had this adorable forest themed playground that had me wishing the boys were with us so we could watch them get excited over all of it.
It was worth it, just won't be happening again for awhile. At least... until Sabe's with me so he can get up with the boys while I sleep in a bit!
The ''Bug" in me is back
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment