Music is a big outlet for me. I obsess over songs that make me feel certain feelings, usually the ones I've been repressing. Music helps me heal and is a great outlet for me. If I find a song that fits how I'm feeling, I put it on repeat for a few days and just listen to it. I always feel better afterwards. Sometimes it's the lyrics, the subject, the singers voice, the general tone or a combination of all of the above that do it for me. Sometimes it's obvious to those around me to know why the song means something to me, but sometimes it's not so obvious.
My brother pointed me to a song that had such an effect on me. I've heard the original of this song a million times and it never made me feel the way this cover does. I'll share the song, because it's really powerful to me, but I won't go into detail about the reasons. I'm sure a few of you will be able to guess parts of it.
Video
I've had a lot of emotions coursing through me lately. I feel really bipolar as of late and let me tell you, it's not always that fun. I sometimes catching myself longing for the days of high school when my only worry was what I was going to wear that day or what store I should go to to spend my entire paycheck on new clothes. How adult life has been so different!
I'm sorry if this post seems vague, I just felt the need to share this song that so amazing and powerful to me. it's like I'm sharing a piece of my soul.
The ''Bug" in me is back
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment