I'm finding myself crushed. I've thought Marcus has this for a few weeks now, but I'm more convinced than ever. I took a video of Marcus answering questions I was asking him and he had no idea what I was saying. It crushed me. I've been digging through CAPD stuff and I found this:
Ladle Rat Rotten Hut: Little Red Riding Hood
This basically simulates how a person with CAPD hears. I listened to the entire story 4 times. The first time, I just bawled. How can he live like this?? By the 4th time, I was understanding most of the story, as my brain got use to hearing it, knowing what the story is supposed to say. No freaking wonder he "doesn't listen" when I ask him to do something. Unless I physically show him what I mean, he has no idea what I'm saying!!
I'm so heartbroken right now but I'm even more determined to get him in to see an audiologist. I will fight tooth and nail if I have to. Please send some good thoughts and prayers our way that I can find a way to help Marcus.
The ''Bug" in me is back
8 years ago



I'm sorry Adrienne. I'm hjoping with therapy he can learn to deal with it and as he gets older he will bw able to figure out what people arw saying to him. I'm thinking there are people who have this and are able to live an almost normal life. Don't let it get you down. There are good therapists out there that can help him
ReplyDelete